Now that the government has relaxed the COVID-19 social distancing guidelines that apply to racing dayboats, we have re-assessed the possibility of starting CCCA racing in 2020. Unfortunately, due to the fact that we are already in the latter half of the season and the fact that race management challenges remain, we have decided to cancel CCCA racing for this season.

Cowes Corinthian Yacht Club continues to invite any yachts in the CCCA classes to join the CCYC “Lockdown-Shakedown Series” of handicap races on Saturday afternoons. The SIs require competitors to comply with government guidance and race management has been simplified to ensure race officers also comply. Competitors are not required to be members of CCYC and entry is free of charge. Similar racing is available to CCCA competitors on Tuesday evenings (ISC) and Thursday evenings (CCYC/ECSC). More information can be found on those clubs’ websites. Our thanks to those clubs.

For those who have chosen not to launch their boats but would still like to participate in dayboat racing in Cowes, the ISC and the Andrew Cassell Foundation have a way to enable sailors to enjoy some fun fleet racing this summer. Both have Sonars for charter to individuals or groups. If this is of interest then please contact either or for more information.

I’d like to thank everyone who has tried to facilitate CCCA racing this season. We all appreciate your efforts and hope you are able to enjoy taking a break for a year.

Giles Peckham
Chairman, CCCA
August 2020